Contact Yorkshire Water on 0843 506 0463 (7p/min + access charge) or use their official freephone number 0800 573 553 to discuss a water bill, leak or other matter with their customer services.
The responsibility of providing safe and clean water to the entire population of Yorkshire falls onto the shoulders of Yorkshire Water. Being the United Kingdom’s largest county, Yorkshire is home to more than 5 million people and with this many people to provide for the right infrastructures must be in place to provide 1.24 billion litres of water daily. They currently have 120 reservoirs, 700 water treatment works and enough pipes to circle the earth – 62,000 miles to be exact. Yorkshire Water used to be run by the government, but was privatised in 1989. Since this transfer to private management, the quality of the the facilities in place have been greatly improved thanks to more than £20 billion worth of investments.
If you’re a resident of Yorkshire and would like to contact them regarding their service, then use any of the following contact options provided below:
- You can discuss anything from emergencies to your water bill by calling their customer service telephone number 0800 573 553 free of charge.
- If you’re witness to a leak in the pipe systems or have reason to suspect a leak, then contact them on 0800 57 35 53.
- For general enquiries or if in case of an emergency, like flooding, then contact them on the Yorkshire Water contact number: 0345 1 24 24 24.
- If you would like to register a free security password with Yorkshire to prevent being swindled by fraudsters, then call them on 0800 1 38 78 78.
- If you require assistance and you’re calling via a Minicom, then call them at 0345 1 24 24 23.
- You can also chat with them live through their website here: www.yorkshirewater.com/contactus. Just click on the “start a live chat now” option to the right of your screen.
- If you prefer, you can also tweet your enquiries to their twitter account @YWHelp. This services is available from 7:30am to 10pm daily.
- You can also email them, by using the contact form at the bottom of the page here www.yorkshirewater.com/contactus.
- If you want to complain about Yorkshire Water’s services via post, send a letter to:
PO Box 52,