To make a new benefit claim, phone the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) helpline on 0800 055 6688. Existing claims for several types of benefit are handled on this contact number: 0345 608 8545 (standard rates apply).
The Department for Work and Pensions is mainly responsible for supporting UK citizens who can’t care for themselves. These beneficiaries include children of parents below the poverty line, the elderly, and the disabled. The support that they give is not only limited to financial benefits and welfare but also extends to information and encouragement for those who could still support themselves with jobs fitting their capacity to work. The department also seeks to inform all working UK citizens to start their pensions in order to save for their retirement. For those existing retirees and pensioners, the department is responsible for providing them the fair pension they are entitled to.
If you want to contact the Department for Work and Pensions, they can be reached via the contact forms on their website, phone, email or via a personal visit to their specific offices.
If your concern involves services from Jobcentre Plus, contact them using one of the following numbers:
- For new claimants/ new benefits claims, phone the DWP’s helpline on 0800 055 6688. For textphone, call 0800 023 4888 textphone and 0800 012 1888 for Welsh language.
For enquiries about existing benefits claims, choose from this list of benefits:
- Jobseeker’s Allowance, Incapacity Benefit, Employment and Support Allowance and Income Support enquiries are taken on this phone number: 0345 608 8545. You can also call 0345 608 8551 for textphone, or 0345 600 3018 for Welsh language services.
- For Maternity Allowance, phone 0345 608 8610. Textphone meanwhile is 0345 608 8553, while Welsh is 0345 608 8674.
- Bereavement benefits, call this number 0345 608 8601. Textphone enquiries are taken on 0345 608 8551, while Welsh language enquiries should be directed to 0345 608 8772.
- For Social Fund benefit enquiries, phone 0345 603 6967. If you want to enquire via textphone, call 0345 608 8553 textphone and 0345 608 8756 in Welsh.
- Universal Credit customer service can be accessed on this phone number 0345 600 0723. Meanwhile you can call 0345 600 0743 for textphone, or 0345 600 3018 to enquire in Welsh.
- Jobseekers seeking Jobmatch services can phone Jobcentre Plus on this number 0345 606 0234. Alternatively, call 0345 605 5255 for textphone and 0345 606 7890 to enquire in Welsh.
If you want to apply for a Jobseeker’s allowance, then you can contact them here www.dwpe-services.direct.gov.uk/portal/page/portal/jsaol/lp.
For pensioners and beneficiaries of UK pensions, please visit here www.gov.uk/claim-state-pension-online.
If you want to claim your pension online, you can call the following numbers for assistance:
- For assistance in making a benefits claim, phone this number 0800 731 7898. For textphone dial 0800 731 7339.
- For technical support with the DWP’s online websites, phone 0345 604 3349, or 0345 604 3412 by textphone.
- For reporting a change of personal information and circumstances, call this phone number 0345 606 0265, or alternatively 0345 606 0285.
If you’re overseas but would like to enquire about your state pension, then please contact the International Pension Centre www2.dwp.gov.uk/tps-directgov/en/contact-tps/ipc.asp.
If you wish to write your pension centre, you can fill in the form here http://pensions-service.direct.gov.uk/en/find-pension-centre/home.asp to get the address of your pension centre.
If you’re a journalist and want to make a press enquiry to the DWP, use one of these numbers:
- For England and London area media enquiries, phone 0203 267 5144.
- For England and Wales press enquiries, phone 0292 0586 then either 097, 098 or 099.
- For media enquiries in Scotland, call 0131 310 1122.
- Alternatively, this media support number handles out-of-hours enquiries between 6pm and 9am 07659 108 883.
The DWP’s head office address is:
You can also email the DWP’s ministers at: email@example.com.